“One size does not fit all. We provide railcar lease, finance and service solutions tailored to your specific railcar transportation needs. An open understanding of your business goals will drive our crafting the best option for you.”
– Paul Deasy, President
Standard Lease Options
Full Service Lease:
The Chicago Freight Car Full Service Lease provides the following:Net Lease:
Our full service lease, also known as an operating lease, is typically set up with a firm monthly rental rate and a lease term that ranges from one to seven years.
- Supply and use of the optimal railcars for your product service.
- Maintenance and repair services that support high utilization of the railcar. Rental credits are provided when most of these services are being performed.
- Administrative services that enable unencumbered use of the railcar by accounting for governmental agency and industry requirements (property tax, car registration/ Umler, railroad damage claims, etc.).
The Chicago Freight Car Net Lease provides the following:Per Diem Lease:
Maintenance/repair and administrative services are your (lessee) responsibility with this type of lease. In some situations, we can provide separate services for a management/ service fee.
- Supply and use of the optimal railcar for your product service. There is typically a firm monthly rental rate and lease term that ranges from ten to twenty years.
The Chicago Freight Car Per Diem Lease provides the following:
There is typically little or no monthly rental rate, rather, lessor revenue earnings are gained from the lessee usage of the railcar while operating on a rail network based on time/mileage. Lease terms range from one to seven years.
- Supply and use of the optimal railcar for your product service that can be structured as a full service or net lease.
Other Railcar Financing OptionsRail Fleet Purchase and Leaseback:
Do you own railcars and/or have the right to purchase some of your railcars from a current supplier?
We provide railcar fleet purchase and leaseback options. This can:
- Free up cash with the sale of your rail assets
- Establish a new structure that addresses cash flow and/or other financial considerations
- Switch you to a different car, if necessary
We will work with you to establish a solution, including:
A dedicated Sales and Customer Support staff member is prepared to match your needs with the best lease, financial, and service solution.
- Purchasing your railcars and leasing them back to you
- Purchasing your railcars and remarketing them elsewhere
- Finding a 3rd-party purchaser and leasing you new cars